Apple Ginger Fish
2 serves = 4 pts.
400g fish (snapper, cod–anything fresh/white fleshed)
1 TB finely chopped ginger
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 apple, de-skinned, and cut into thin slices
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. In a fry pan add ginger, garlic, apple, and olive oil.
2. Saute until apples are tender
3. Move the apple mixture to the sides of the pan and add about 1 tsp of olive oil to pan.
4. Salt and pepper one side of the fish, put that side down into the heated olive oil
5. Cook about 2-3 minutes.
6. Salt and pepper other side of fish while in the pan.
7. Flip fish over and fry for another 2-3 minutes
8. What i like to do is add about 1/4-1/2 c. of water to the pan and cover with a lid to steam the fish.
9. Check to make sure fish is cooked through.
10. Serve with the apple mixture and pan juices over the top of the cooked fish.