Spelt Pancakes w/ homemade syrup
2 people or one hungry person
3/4-1 c. of spelt flour (wouldn’t recommend soy flour)
1/2 c. of milk
2 egg whites
1 tsp. baking powder
1 TB cinnamon
Syrup and Cottage cheese enough for 2 pancakes
1 TB raisins
2 dates chopped up
1 TB agave syrup
Cottage cheese topping:
1 1/2 TB
1 tsp. agave syrup
1. Mix everything together. If you like thinner pancakes then only add 3/4 of a cup of flour. If you like thicker pancakes then add 1 c.
2. Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium heat. I always make a tiny pancake first to see how it reacts. If it’s bad, then adjust your batter. As they always say, the first pancake is never the best.
3. For cottage cheese: mix ingredients together
4. After pancakes are done cooking. Add raisins and dates along with syrup into the pan for about 1 minute and spoon over cooked pancakes.
5. Add cottage cheese on top. I popped mine into the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm up the cottage cheese.