Overnight Pasta Salad
750g (24oz) penne, spiral, macaroni..what ever type of shortened pasta you want
2 bottles of full-fat Italian dressing
1 jar (290g, 10 oz) of sundried tomato strips in oil
1 jar of black olives (490g, 16 oz) drained
1 cucumber, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic pressed
1/4 c. white balsamic vinegar-add 1/2 and see how you go
pepper to taste
1. cook pasta to al-dente. Meaning it’s a little bit chewy..just a little bit. You don’t want to overcook it. The pasta is going to sit all night, so it needs to be able to maintain it’s shape while soaking in the dressing
2. After cooked, run the pasta through cold water to stop it form cooking and cool it down
3. In a large bowl add 1 bottle of Italian dressing, onion, cucumber, whole jar of olives drained, the whole jar of sundried tomatoes including the oil, 1/2 of balsamic, pepper, and garlic.
4. Add pasta to the mixture. Stir well
5. Cover over night, mixing before you go to bed
6. In the morning add one more bottle of Italian dressing and more balsamic if needed.
7. Before serving you can add about 250g of feta if you’d like.
This recipe is so easy. I love it.