6 oz. of dried black and kidney beans
1 tsp butter, oil or ghee
1 onion chopped
4-5 tomatoes chopped
1/2 – 1 Chili chopped
salt/pepper/garlic to taste
500 g, 16 oz, of Kangaroo meat–beef would be fine
1. Rinse the beans in water.
2. Soak them in fresh water overnight or start in morning until the afternoon
1. Bring the beans to a roaring boil for about 1/2 an hour. Keep adding water if it need it
2. While the beans are boiling, chop up onions and sautee them with butter in a sauce pan.
3. After about 5 minutes add tomatoes and chili tot he onions. Medium-high boil them down for about 10 minutes.
4. Use a hand blender 🙂 to blend them down–you don’t have to, it just makes it nicer
5. Add the tomato base to the boiling beans, after about 20 minutes of the beans boiling, and let the two boil for about 10 more minutes.
6. After adding the tomatoes to the beans, fry up your meat.
7. Add meat the the chili mixture and about 8-16oz of water–depending on how thick you want the chili.
8. Simmer for about 2-3 hours
9. Top w/ cheese