Carmalised Banana and Date ‘Porridge’
1 tsp butter
1/2 of a head of cauliflower pureed
1/2-1TB of honey
dash of cinnamon
1. Slice banana
2. De-pit the dates and slice into small little pieces
3. Place butter into a small frying pan and heat of medium high. Once first sign of melting happens add in banana and dates to fry up for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to constantly turn.
4. When bananas start turning golden, reduce heat to medium and add pureed cauliflower.
I use this recipe after nights when I have pureed cauliflower for dinner. It’s great substitute for porridge or a side at a meal for those who are on the SCD or who are wanting something different.
5. Make sure to heat all the way through. Cauliflower hot, to me, doesn’t have a distinct taste. When it’s cold, it does.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top
7. Add honey
You could add so many things to this: apricots, prunes, raisins, any fruit (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries), walnuts, almonds, pecans, maple syrup (not SCD), brown sugar (not SCD), peanut butter, almond butter..etc.
I just had my friend Jena try it. I go ‘try this’. She goes ‘what is it?’ I said ‘I am not telling you’. After trying a sample she goes ‘oh my god, what is that? It’s amazing.’ I don’t let people try things I don’t like.