Beef Pumpkin Stew
1 TB olive oil
1 medium or 1/2 of a large onion chunked up
4 cloves of garlic pressed
1 carrot sliced
1/2 of a chili diced
1/4 of a pumpkin about 3-4 c. of raw pumpkin
2 large celery stalks along with the little baby stalks for flavouring
2-3 huge mushrooms, 6 smaller ones
3 tomatoes chopped
425g of chunked beef
1 1/2 TB of Italian seasoning
Good dose of salt and pepper
4-5 bay leaves
6-7 c. of water
1. In a large sauce pan, over a high heat, add 1 TB of olive oil
2. Add onions and garlic, sautee
3. Add in pumpkin, chili and carrots along with 1 c. of water. Cover and steam for about 1 minute
4. Add the celery tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and steam for about 2 minutes.
5. While the veggies are steaming coat your meat with a liberal amount of salt and pepper. As well as 1 TB of Italian Seasoning.
6. Add the beef into the pot and cover for about 1-2 minutes. You don’t need to worry about cooking the meat all the way through because you’re going to be simmering it for 3-4 hours.
7. Add about 5-6 cups of water and 3 TB of tomato sauce.
8. Top with 4-5 bay leaves and simmer for 3-5 hours!
I added about 2 tsp of salt and pepper plus about 1 TB of Italian Seasoning to this after I made it. You should salt, pepper, seasoning to taste once it’s been simmering for awhile.