Greeny Chicken Egg Bake
125g (4 oz) chicken, diced
1 stalk of celery
1 tsp. olive or peanut oil
1/8 c. water
1 c. spinach
you could add about 1/4 c. cheese or onions, or peppers, or bacon….something else that you’r hankering. I just had this in my fridge and it tastes good..so I went with it.
1. In a skillet heat 1 tsp. of olive or peanut oil if you can stomach canola oil..which my gut can’t..then go for it.
2. Add in celery and fry for about 1-2 minutes
3. Toss in chicken (I seasonsed with salt and pepper before adding) and add about 1/4 of water
4. Cook until chicken is cooked. remove from heat
5. In a separate bowl whisk or fork beat 2 eggs and 1/8 c. of water
6. Add in 1 c. of spinach (you could add in cheese at this point if you wanted)
7. Place chicken/celery mixture into the bottom of a bread pan–I didn’t need to grease mine–and cover with egg/spinach mixture.
Next time I might place the spinach on top of the chicken then pour the eggs of it all. My spinach got a bit crispy in the oven..but that doesn’t bother me. You could also add more eggs to cover everything up more. Or you could sprinkle the cheese on top at this point and not add into the egg mixture. Too many options.
8. Place in a preheated oven at 200/400 for about 20 minutes
9. Serve up. If you love sour cream, knock yourself out..me my mouth loves it, my gut hates it.