Gluten Free AMAZING Bread
1 -9×5 loaf
This recipe is adapted from Karina’s Kitchen.
2 c. of gluten free plain flour
1/2 c. of gluten free self-rising flour
2 tsps. xanthan gum
2 tsp. of baking powder
1/ 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast- or rapid yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water (at 110 to 115 degrees F)
1 tsp. white sugar
4 TB extra virgin olive oil
3 TB honey
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1 egg whisked
1 TB olive oil
1. In a sauce pan add milk and heat to no warmer than 110-115F
2. In a cup add heated water, 1 packet of dry yeast or 1TB equivalent, and 1 tsp of sugar and set aside
3. In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. I have a kitchen aid blender and simply used the bread hook on it throughout the whole thing. It worked great!
4. Then I combined the 4TB of olive oil and 3 TB of honey.
5. Wisk the egg with the vinegar.
6. Add the egg, olive oil/honey, and fermented yeast/sugar/milk concoction to the dry ingredients.
7. Place into a normal bread pan. Let it rise for about 20-30 minutes. Mine is silicone so I didn’t grease it. If you have a normal bread pan, you might want to grease it a bit.
8. Preheat oven to 350/180
9. Top with 1 TB of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
10. Bake for about 30-40 minutes..or until you get a hollow sound when knocking on the top of it.
11. Take out of oven and try not to shove it in your face!