Perhaps it’s fate..or whatever you want to call it..but I started writing this blog post and my i-tunes shuffled to this song!
I was reading through the post and I got to this section of the blog post which read:
I think if we all stopped to write down a couple things that we appreciate about our own progress we wouldn’t feel that twinge of de-motivation as severely.
I started bawling. I mean really…this is so true! As you know I have dealt with binging..and frankly I am tired of writing about it..and I know that it’s a thing of the past. However, since going to Timor I think that I have decided to make some mental changes about who I am, what I want to be and how I want to define myself. It’s only been a week since I’ve officially gotten back into Perth and into the whole ‘real life’ thing..whatever that is. Here are some thoughts that I have had:
- I don’t feel guilty about eating anymore–still working on this
- Sugar isn’t going to solve anything–especially since it royally pisses my gut off
- Baking for no reason at 7:30pm @ night means that I want company and sugar–NO
- Exercise is my outlet and I need it
- I am beautiful, strong, courageous, funny, real, honest, emotional, grounded, WORTHY
- Fat talk gets me no where..when it bubbles up…I remind myself of the above things
- I am still working on myself
That’s what I’ve learned in one week. That binging is about me feeling worthy, valued, and involved in things. All of those I have TOTAL control over. It’s been a great week. I won’t ever turn back.
What change(s) have you made in your life that have impacted you?