5 c. of sauce
1 onion diced
4 garlic cloves pressed
1 TB EVOO
1 TB butter/vegan spread
1/3 zucchini diced
5-6 mushrooms sliced
1/2 red pepper diced
500 g (1lb) mince
1 tsp EVOO
1/4 c. red wine*
2 cans stewed/diced/whole tomatoes
1/2 TB. salt
1. In a large frying or sauce pan melt 1 TB of EVOO and butter, over a medium-high heat
2. Add in pressed garlic and onion
3. Let the onion/garlic carmalize for about 2-3 minutes
4. Add in the zuch/mushrooms/red pepper and saute for about 2-3 minutes
5. Push the veggies to the side and cut up two small chilis–if you want fire. I added 1 tsp of EVOO and put two of these small bad boys in to fry up for about 1 minute.
6. I then added the ground beef and 1/4. c. red wine–again optional. Brown the meat.
7. Reduce heat to medium/low and add in two cans of tomatoes (400ml/13oz)
8. Stir in 3 TB of tomato paste
9. Add in 1/2 TB salt and any Italian seasoning you have
10. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes
**If you want to make this veg/vegan reduce halve cans of tomatoes and tomato paste.