Today has been a bit slow..but I guess that’s how it goes on a humid/rainy day in the middle of spring.
I ate an orange and about 2 tsp. of organic/natural peanut butter, before heading out to have one of my favourite lunches at Cafe 55. Chan Chua.
It’s a homemade sweet and sour broth w/ fresh veggies, TONS of chili and rice noodles. My tummy loves it.
I snacked on 1/2 c. apple sauce w/ 1 TB peanut butter and 1 carrot w/ 1/4. c. skinny hummus. I have been snacky all afternoon–I think it’s avoiding work..really. Opps. I may have bought a Pepsi Max.
I gave my original triathlon training program to my co-worker Annie to look at. Did I mention that she has ran an Iron(Wo)Man. She’s amazing. A great resource.
My original training program now w/ modifications
- Monday: Run REST
- 15 min run, 1 min walk, 10 min run, 5 min walk
- Tuesday: Run: 15 run, 1 walk, 10 run, 5 walk
- Swim and Bike
- 1.2 km swim (4 x 300m w/ 1 min rests)
- Bike (10 min steady, 20 minutes of intervals: 2 min hard, 30 sec easy, 5 minute cool down)
- Wednesday: Swim and Bike
- Swim: 1.2km 300 warm-up (50swim/50drill/50sw/50pull boyou/50sw/50kickboard) 2x200m w/ 40 sec rest, 4x100m w/ 20 sec rest, 2×50 cool down
- Bike: 10 min steady, 20 min intervals (40 sec hard, 20 sec recovery), 5 min cool down
- 1.4 km swim (4x 350m w/ 1 min rests)
- Thursday: Bike and Run together
- Bike 30 minutes and 5km run–gonna do them together
- Friday: TEST RUN
- 200m swim, 6km bike ride and 2km run–all in spandex baby
- Saturday: REST
- Run 20 min run, 1 min walk, 6 min run, 5 min walk
- Sunday: Run
- 25 min run, 1 min walk, 10 min run, 5 min walk
Today I was supposed to go running, but my body is SCREAMING at me to stretch out. You know the soreness where you can’t sit on the toliet..yeah that kind. Also my triceps..hurt to the touch.
I just booked a massage..YES.
I am off to the store to buy some yummy stuff for a friend’s engagement afternoon tea on wednesday. I will post the recipe for the most amazing and SIMPLE cake ever! If you like chocolate..you better stick around.
Do you get massages? What are your thoughts?