Twice Baked and Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
1 sweet potato (2 small serves, 1 large serve)
1 medium sweet potato, cut length-wise
2 tsp. EVOO
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 medium zucchini diced
1 can of beans, drained and rinsed (I used Borlotti Beans)
1 tb of vegan spread (non-dairy like Nuttelex)
Salt and Pepper
1. In a preheat oven place the sweet potato w/ 1 tsp of EVOO over each half at 200/400.
2. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the middle is soft
3. While they sweet potatoes are roasting, in a frying pan melt down the spread over medium-high heat?
4. Add onions and zucchini and sauté for about 5 minutes, until soft
5. Salt and pepper (I used about 1tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of better)
6. Add the can of beans and cook for about five minutes (may need to add a hint of water)
7. When the sweet potatoes are soft in the middle, scoop out the middle and place into the bean mixture.
8. I mashed down the beans with the sweet potatoes a bit with a fork.
9. Spoon the ‘guts’ back into the shells of the potatoes and place into a reduced heat oven, 180/350, for about 10 minutes