Do you have fitness goals?
I have always had a weight goal in the back of my mind…for however long I can remember. However, after writing ‘Getting Fit, Not Thin!‘ I realised that switching my focus from being thin to being fit is where I want to be.
But, how does one go about planning a fitness goal?
Is it a running goal?
A weight lifting goal?
A minute goal for how much you acquire throughout the week?
That you do a certain amount of days?
A measurement goal?
I have been thinking a lot: So, Michelle what is your fitness goal? I am honestly not sure. I have no idea, actually.
I will say that yesterday I did MJ‘s once a week KILLER workout!
- 10 Burppies
- 10 wide legged squats with an upright row
- 10 step ups w/ a shoulder press using a weighted bar (each leg)
- Plank with alternating arm rows and then leg kicks
- Hamstring fitness ball curl, then lift ball with legs and crunch with weight overhead
- This three times through
- 1 minute break between each set
I finished it, but couldn’t do the planks without putting my knees down. My arms were shaking from the everything. I was exhausted.
I felt amazing after wards. I wanted more. MJ and I have measured my body and pinched my flab. I know where I am at. However, I don’t have a clear focus as to where I want to do.
I have thought about the following as potentials:
- Get through the intensive routine above w/ no modifications
- 3 x/week weights, 4x/week cardio
- Get below 25% body fat (at 28% now)
I need your advice/insight: How do you plan fitness goals? What are your fitness goals? Advice?