Do you half-ass it when it comes to your health?
Now that I’ve let go of this stagnant part of my life I can pursue even better things for myself.It feels amazing to know that I can now get everything I want.
No more settling… in any part of my life.
Although her post is about a relationship, I read those last lines and it hit me..straight in the head/heart/body.
You see I have been ‘battling’ my healthy for what seems like forever. I have allergies and it stems from Candida? IBS? Allergies? Sugar intolerance? Whatever the case maybe, I am NOT listening to my body. I am eating shit that makes me have tummy problems. In fact, yesterday I couldn’t finish a run because I had eaten stuff that I knew would upset my tummy. You see (sorry for the details, just taking a page outta Mrs. Fatass’ book) that I have to go to the toilet..ie RUN to the toliet pretty much once/twice/three times per day. I haven’t been ‘normal’ in FOREVER. YEARS!
- It’s too hard
- I just want ‘ONE MORE DAY’ to be naughty
- I have my whole life
- I don’t know what’s wrong with me, so I am just going to eat whatever I want
- I want to be able to go out and eat
- I love coffee
- One more bowl of ice cream
- I CAN’T DO IT
- I am tired of thinking of it
- What if I have to do this for the rest of my life
- I am not strong enough
- I am trying to juggle school, working out, Fight to the Finish, life…this is just TOO much
- I DON’T WANT TO
- It’s not fair
Get the point. I have every excuse in the book…and it all boils down to my listening and feeding the False Self for so long.
I am here to say that I CAN’T keep giving into this voice that says I can’t do it. I know it’s not going to be easy, but I am NOT a quitter. It’s not easy to eat chicken/carrots/eggs for three days straight. But to be able to run 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 miles without having to run to a toilet would pretty much mean the world to me. It hit me last night when I was running, that my engrained battles with ‘cheating’ myself with food is negatively impacting me.
- I can’t run as far as I’d like
- I get totally sleepy because my body is exhausted from processing crap
- I am irritable
- Highly emotional
- Crave sugar
- Tired emotionally of being sick
- Becoming used to being sick–have forgotten what healthy is like
You see, we all have sacrifices in our lives that we have to make. Yeah, it’s funny that I have to restrict my food back a bit..I will be following this schedule of food introduction and praying that I will find answers. It’s my damn health…but more it’s my LIFE!
What food stuff have your overcome?
Harnessing My Intuitive Self